BKS10 is a small press-on sensor designed to provide high-quality measurements in tight spaces without using adhesive or mounting fixtures. The sensor consists of an accelerometer mounted on a silicon column and mounting post. To minimize needed space and protect the accelerometer cable, the cable is routed through the silicon column and mounting post. An actuator in the test stand connects to the mounting post and? presses the accelerometer against the unit under test. A small steel plate is attached to the device and electrically isolated to prevent malfunction. The lightweight (1.7 g) design and relatively large contact area of the accelerometer combines with the silicon column’s absorption of vibration to minimize resonance.
- Production testing for engines or transmissions
- On-line production testing in narrow or difficult to reach spaces
- Outgoing quality control
- Weight: 1.7 g
- Frequency response: 15 kHz
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/g (integrated ICP® amplifier)
- Resistant to transmission oil
For additional specifications that depend on the accelerometer used in the sensor, see the relevant datasheet.