Germany: Application Engineer – Production Test
Brüel & Kjaer is, with the recent acquisition of in-line production testing company DISCOM GmbH, making an aggressive push into the growing market for production testing – primarily in the automotive industry.
The Application Engineer will be part of the Automotive Team, where DISCOM belongs, reporting to the Manager for Software and Services. The Automotive Team focuses on high-margin sales and delivery of ‘best in class’ solutions, meeting and exceeding the NVH needs for the automotive industry within the R&D, production testing and operations areas.
The Application Engineer is responsible for supporting both our customers and Sales Engineers in the sale and use of our products. Responsibilities are divided between presale duties, on-site services and post-sale support activities. The Application Engineer will support in-line, end-of-line production testing systems and services. Focus will be on key accounts for powertrain components, i.e., gearboxes, engines and axles, in Europe.
The position is based from Brüel & Kjær DISCOM’s office in Göttingen, Germany. The Application Engineer should expect some travel, predominantly within Europe. Travels to Asia and North America may also occur from time to time.
The Application Engineer’s work includes:
- On-site installation and training services:
- Installation of Brüel & Kjaer production testing systems at customer facilities
- Performing detailed system training on products, applications and solutions
- Training internal sales and support staff on the theory, benefits and usage of solutions
- Post-sale technical support and troubleshooting
- Providing general support on Brüel & Kjaer production testing systems, system usage and applications
- Resolving software issues through training, bug reporting and development of work-arounds
- Troubleshooting hardware issues on systems and instruments
- Providing simple solutions to meet customer needs
- Presales support
- Developing and delivering high quality technical presentations of Brüel & Kjaer Production Testing Systems
- Uncovering and validating customer needs and challenges within Production Testing and QA
- Participating as Technical Specialist in Tradeshows and Customer events
- • Developing and maintaining close customer report and trust
- • Completing all support related activities in Customer Relationship Management system
- • Communicating and interacting with customers, partners and other Brüel & Kjaer departments
- • Support in project management of new systems
- • Support Sales Manager Production Test – Americas with technical knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in Engineering, Physics or other technical field
- 3+ years’ experience in sound and vibration related field
- Solid knowledge of the fundamentals of sound and vibration
- Strong application knowledge in acoustic and vibration areas
- Experience working in engineering services/consulting a plus
- Skilled in demonstrating and running software applications
- Experience working with and troubleshooting database, networking, PC hardware, operating systems, software and other PC related issues.
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Strong IT knowledge, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows OS
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Significant travel required
Knowledge and understanding of one of the following applications would be beneficial:
- End-of-line Production testing and QA
- Sound and vibration measurement and analysis solutions
- Test and measurement
- Fluent in German and English. Other languages are advantageous.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent with strong self-organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional and international teams
- Experience in working remotely
BRÜEL & KJAER OFFERS
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world in a pioneering company at the forefront of the sound and vibration industry. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for Brüel & Kjaer's employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
CONTACT AND APPLICATION DEADLINE
Please send your application and CV in German to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, with ‘Application Engineer – Production Test, Europe’ in the subject line. We are conducting interviews on a continuous basis, so please submit your application as soon possible.