Brüel & Kjær is, with the recent acquisition of in-line production testing company DISCOM GmbH, making an aggressive push into the growing market for production testing in the automotive industry.
As the Application Engineer, you will be part of DISCOM’s Services Team in Göttingen, Germany. DISCOM is part of Brüel & Kjær’s Automotive Team, which focuses on high-margin sales and delivery of ‘best in class’ solutions, meeting and exceeding NVH needs for the automotive industry within the R&D, production testing and operations areas. DISCOM’s focuses on in-line and end-of-line production testing and QA.
As the Application Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting both our customers and sales engineers in the sale and use of DISCOM’s products. Your responsibilities will be divided between pre-sales duties, on-site services and post-sale support activities. You will also support in-line and end-of-line production testing systems and services. Your focus will be on key accounts for powertrain components: gearboxes, engines and axles.
The position is based at DISCOM’s office in Göttingen, Germany. You should expect travel, predominantly witihin Europe and Asia. Travels to other regions, typically the Americas, may also occur from time to time.
- Pre-sales support
- Developing and delivering high quality technical presentations of Bruel & Kjaer Production Testing Systems
- Uncovering and validating customer needs and challenges within Production Testing and QA
- Participating as Technical Specialist in Tradeshows and Customer events
- On-site installation and training services
- Installing Bruel & Kjaer Production Testing Systems at customer facilities
- Performing detailed system training on products, applications and solutions
- Training internal sales and support staff on the theory, benefits and usage of solutions
- Post-sale technical support and troubleshooting
- Providing general support on Bruel & Kjaer Production Testing Systems, system usage and applications
- Resolving software issues through training, bug reporting and development of work arounds
- Troubleshooting hardware issues on systems and instruments
- Providing simple solutions to meet customer needs
- Develop and maintain close customer rapport and trust
- Complete all support related activities in the Customer Relationship Management system
- Communicate and interact with customers, partners and other Brüel & Kjaer departments
- Support in project management of new systems
- Support Sales Manager Production Test Europe with technical knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in Engineering, Physics or other technical field
- At least 1 year of experience in a sound and vibration related field
- Solid knowledge of the fundamentals of sound and vibration
- Strong application knowledge in acoustic and vibration areas
- Experience working in engineering services/consulting a plus
- Skilled in demonstrating and running software applications
- Experience working with and troubleshooting database, networking, PC hardware, operating systems, software and other PC related issues.
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Strong IT knowledge, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows OS
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Significant travel required
Knowledge and understanding of one of the following applications would be beneficial:
- End-of-line Production testing and QA
- Sound and vibration measurement and analysis solutions
- Test and measurement
- Fluent in English. Other languages such as Mandarin or Japanese are advantageous
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent with strong self-organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional and international teams
- Experience in working remotely
BRÜEL & KJÆR OFFERS
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world in a pioneering company at the forefront of the sound and vibration industry. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for DISCOM’s and Brüel & Kjær's employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
CONTACT AND APPLICATION DEADLINE
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, with ‘Application Engineer – Production Test, Europe’ in the subject line.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Holger Behme-Jahns, Manager Software Development, at +49 551 54833, for further information.