Germany or Italy: Field Application Engineer for Automotive
We are looking for a dedicated Application Engineer for Automotive to strengthen our Automotive Team in Europe. The successful candidate will have proven experience in a technical customer support and application role.
The role can either by home based in Germany, preferably close to a major OEM or in the Northern Italy (Milan or Torino). An intensive training and education period will take place in Bremen in and Millbrook.
Brüel & Kjær is committed to the continued professional development of its employees. Candidates will be considered on the basis not only of their current ability, but also on their desire, determination and ability to learn and develop themselves. The ability to learn new skills, manage in a changing environment and a positive mental attitude are of equal importance. This is particularly important for those candidates without direct technical support and application experience.
Knowledge and understanding of the following applications is desirable
- Sound and vibration measurement – ideally both theoretically & practically
- Automotive & NVH applications
- Mechanical vibration and environmental test systems
- Test and measurement including production test systems
The successful applicant will be responsible for actively supporting Automotive customers in pre- and post-sales both remotely and on site. In order to achieve that, willingness to travel is required – mainly inside Europe but also globally if needed. We expect you to ensure that the customers are served in the best possible way.
- Active Automotive customer support in pre and after sales
- Preparation and conduction of presentations (Webinars, Courses etc.)
- Clarification of technical requirements of the customer
- Testing and verifying of installed and customized solutions
- Participation in exhibitions and seminars
- Technical assistance in preparation of quotations and tenders
- Management and support of local projects
- University degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Experience within automotive working with:
- Field of Sound & Vibration – theoretically and practically and/or
- Field of NVH applications – theoretically and practically
- Enjoys providing advice and support and working together in a team
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and competent at presenting to an audience (both external and internal)
- Good IT knowledge (MS Office, Internet etc.) – programming skills (e.g. VBA) would be an advantage
- Positive attitude towards challenges and difficulties
- Can manage and adapt to changing business environment
- Willingness and ability to travel for customer visits in Europe and if needed globally
- Can use analytical skills for customer-orientated solutions
- Fluent English & fluent German or Italian is mandatory, additional language skills would be an advantage
Why join Brüel & Kjær
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world in a pioneering company at the forefront of the sound and vibration industry. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for Brüel & Kjær's employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com with “Field Application Engineer for Automotive” in the subject line. If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Arnaud Chauvire, Sales Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
About Brüel & Kjær
Brüel & Kjær helps solve sound and vibration challenges, and develops advanced technology for measuring and managing sound and vibration. As a specialist in this domain, the company helps customers ensure component quality, enhance product performance and monitor operational compliance.
Over more than 70 years, many of Brüel & Kjær’s research and development people have become recognized global experts, who aid the scientific community and teach at renowned centres. The application of experience and technology promotes quality and efficiency at every stage of a product’s life cycle: design, development, manufacture, deployment and operation.
Through mastering sound and vibration, Brüel & Kjær helps to accelerate business growth and improves environmental quality.
Brüel & Kjær is a subsidiary of UK-based Spectris plc (www.spectris.com) which has annual sales of £1.1bn and employs around 7,500 people worldwide across its four business segments.
For more information, please visit www.bksv.com