BRÜEL & KJÆR
The Application Engineer/Technical Support position is part of the Americas Support Group and is responsible for supporting both our customers and Sales Engineers in the sale and use of our products. The position responsibilities are split between pre-sale duties, on-site services, and post-sale support activities.
- Developing and delivering high quality technical presentations to customers on advanced solutions and activities.
- Executing customer demonstrations of working solutions and instruments
- Presenting Seminars and Webinars on sound and vibration theory, advanced system applications in areas of engineer’s specialty, and Bruel & Kjaer solutions.
- Training internal sales and support staff on the theory, benefits and usage of solutions
- Installation of Bruel & Kjaer systems at customer facilities
- Performing detailed System and/or instrument training on products, applications and solutions
- Test Service work – performing contracted testing services work at customer facilities
- Delivering on-site Seminars specific to customer requirements
- Technical Support for internal and external customers
- Providing general support on sound and vibration theory, system usage and applications
- Resolving software issues through training, bug reporting and development of work arounds
- Troubleshooting hardware issues on systems and instruments
- Providing simple solutions to meet customer needs
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Engineering, Physics or other technical field
- 3+ Years’ experience in Sound and Vibration related field
- Solid knowledge of the fundamentals of Sound and Vibration
- Strong Application Knowledge in Acoustic and Vibration areas
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience working in Engineering Services/Consulting a plus
- Skilled in demonstrating and running software applications
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Database, networking, PC hardware, operating systems, software and other PC related issues.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Strong IT knowledge, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows OS
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Significant travel required
BRÜEL & KJÆR OFFERS
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world in a pioneering company at the forefront of the sound and vibration industry. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for Brüel & Kjær's employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
CONTACT AND APPLICATION DEADLINE
Bruel & Kjaer North America Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates should send salary history and requirements along with resume to: Human Resources Department, NAFTA.AE@bksv.com
ABOUT BRÜEL & KJÆR
Brüel & Kjær helps solve sound and vibration challenges, and develops advanced technology for measuring and managing sound and vibration. As a specialist in this domain, the company helps customers ensure component quality, enhance product performance and monitor operational compliance.
Over more than 70 years, many of Brüel & Kjær’s research and development people have become recognized global experts, who aid the scientific community and teach at renowned centres. The application of experience and technology promotes quality and efficiency at every stage of a product’s life cycle: design, development, manufacture, deployment and operation.
Through mastering sound and vibration, Brüel & Kjær helps to accelerate business growth and improves environmental quality.
Brüel & Kjær is a subsidiary of UK-based Spectris plc (www.spectris.com) which has annual sales of £1.1bn and employs around 7,500 people worldwide across its four business segments.
For more information, please visit www.bksv.com