This PULSE software calculates Thiele/Small parameters – a set of electromechanical parameters that define the performance of a loudspeaker such as a tweeter, mid-range, or sub-woofer, in relation to its enclosure. All relevant Thiele/Small speaker parameters are automatically calculated. The software supports the simple impedance method, the added volume method, the added mass method, and the laser method.
This software adds Thiele/Small parameter calculation capabilities to PULSE Basic Electroacoustics Type 7797.
- Loudspeaker design engineers simulating diaphragm movement and sound output of a speaker system, based on the speaker driver
- Audio engineers working backwards from a desired speaker response in the speaker cabinet, to a set of driver parameters
- Avoiding exciting the structural resonances of acoustic enclosures
- Calculating the free-air resonant frequency of a speaker (FS)
- Calculating voice coil inductance (LE)
- Measurements related to the control of a transducer’s suspension – Q parameters (Qms), (Qes) and (Qts)
- Calculating Vas, CMS, MMS, EBP
This software requires PULSE Basic Electroacoustics Type 7797.
Our software package PULSE Electroacoustics Type 7907-S1 gives you a complete toolbox for testing. It includes this Thiele/Small parameters calculation software as standard. See the product data sheet for more information.