This PULSE software is part of a complete system for determining the maximum sound power of fans. It works together with microphones positioned as defined by the ISO standard, feeding data to a LAN-XI data acquisition hardware analyzer.
The software helps you make measurements that meet the standards ISO 3744, ISO 3745 and ISO 3746. It guides you through the necessary steps, of measurement setup, measurement runs and report generation – making it easy to use and minimizing the training required.
- Research and development of centrifugal fans and axial fans such as table fans, ceiling fans, and electric fans
- Specifying the maximum permissible sound power level for each category of machinery, including extractor fans, air conditioning units and industrial fan
- Compliance with national and international regulations for noise emission quantities of air-moving devices, ventilators and filtration units
Microphones are positioned as defined by the ISO standard (for example: on a hemisphere, sphere, or parallelepiped). The software also supports additional microphones for cases in which the directivity of the source is excessive, and allows simultaneous testing in one, two or three anechoic rooms, as defined in the standards.
- Full documentation and automatic generation of test reports
- Corrections for background noise and test environment
- Simultaneous testing in one, two or three anechoic rooms
- Testing ducted inlet and ducted outlet fans
- ISO 3744: For an essentially free field over a reflecting plane
- ISO 3745: Precision methods for anechoic rooms and hemi-anechoic rooms
- ISO 3746: Using an enveloping measurement surface over a reflecting plane