BK Connect Hardware Setup is designed so that test engineers and specialists can create and save custom, reusable set-ups without tying up the other acquisition or analysis licenses. The set-ups can be loaded and used by a technician in the lab or on location, wherever the testing needs to be performed.
The user-interface design enables set-ups to be quickly configured for ad hoc measurements using the TEDS transducer capabilities by dragging transducers from the Transducer Database and dropping them in the set-up or by uploading a .DBC file to configure your CAN Bus channels. The application is comprised of the Hardware Setup Table (an overview of the set-up) and Monitor (a real-time display of the connected front ends).
- Acquire general sound and vibration data for analysis using LAN-XI or LAN-XI Light front ends. CAN Bus and Auxiliary input channels are also supported on LAN-XI or LAN-XI Light compatible hardware
- Create hardware set-up configurations in the lab or office, then share them with operators performing long-term, repeated tests, simplifying operations for testers
- Manage transducers via the Transducer Database, adding new transducers or updating them according to their latest calibration data, in order to easily create set-ups with the perfect pairing of transducer to measurement
- Combine with BK Connect Data Viewer to enable the operators to simply and efficiently create reports based on the specialist-defined templates
The BK Connect Type 8401-A advanced license adds the following capabilities:
- Set up and measure with an unlimited number of LAN-XI modules. The standard license is limited to two front ends
- Accelerometer mounting check gives testers the ability to quickly check the mounting condition of their accelerometers, ensuring that each one is firmly attached
The free, optional, Type 8401-V virtual license can be added to enable set-ups to be created without connection to a physical front end. These set-ups can be saved and loaded later where a technician can perform the actual tests when the valuable hardware becomes available. The virtual front end is user configured based on the customer’s specific hardware configuration.