The OmniPower Sound Source Type 4292-L uses 12 loudspeakers in a dodecahedral configuration to radiate sound evenly with a spherical distribution. All speakers are connected in a series-parallel network to ensure both in-phase operation and an impedance that matches the power amplifier.
The entire assembly weighs less than 8 kg and is fitted with a convenient lifting handle that does not measurably interfere with the sound field.
- Room and building acoustics
- Measuring airborne sound insulation
- Measuring reverberation time
For most architectural acoustics measurements, the sound source must radiate sound evenly in all directions to give reproducible and reliable results. The relevant architectural acoustics measurements standards (including ISO 16283, ISO 10140 and ISO 3382) require the use of an omnidirectional sound source.
Background noise is the enemy of good architectural acoustics measurements particularly at low frequencies where traffic noise and air conditioning systems are some of the main culprits i.e. between 100 Hz and 200 Hz. The OmniPower sound source is designed to deliver its peak performance in this very same range delivering maximum power where it’s needed most.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Part of a complete, robust building acoustics system featuring sound level meter Types 2250 or 2270
- Satisfies national and international standards
- Lightweight, making it easy to transport to the measurement location
- Powerful, 122 dB re 1 pW, ideal for measurements in large spaces or for assessing the sound insulation of high performing walls and floors