Designed for contact-free speed measurements on rotating or reciprocating machine parts. Type 2981 produces a voltage pulse for each rotation of a shaft or cycle of a machine part.
- Non-contact measurement of rotational speed
- Synchronisation between rotating or reciprocating machine elements and measurement instruments
- Low-speed measurements to 0 RPM* for wind turbine and ship propulsion applications
- High-speed measurements up to 300000 RPM for supercharger measurements
- Small size for measurements in tight locations
Type 2981, used with retroreflective tape like the included QS-0056, has the advantage that it can be located any distance from 1.5 to at least 70 cm (0.6 to 27'') from the test object, thus safely separating the probe from possible contact with moving parts or an otherwise hazardous environment.