This PULSE LabShop software controls operating deflection shapes (ODS) measurements. It helps you set up, acquire and then analyse the recorded time data. From vibration signals acquired with accelerometers, it determines the vibration pattern of a structure under given operating conditions: how the structure’s dynamic properties respond to the forcing functions on it.
ODS TYPES AVAILIBLE
Time ODS for analysing structural vibrations in a given frequency range as a function of time
- Frequency or spectral ODS for analysing structural vibrations for a specific frequency or order component under stationary or near-stationary conditions
- Running orders and running modes (run-up/run-down) ODS for analysing structural vibrations for specific order components as a function of rotational speed
This software also acquires time data for use in PULSE Reflex Operating Deflection Shapes post-processing software.
- Testing civil engineering structures that are loaded by uncontrollable ambient forces, such as waves on offshore structures, wind load on buildings, and traffic load effects on bridges
- Capturing real-life modal performance of mechanical structures such as aircraft wings, vehicle bodies and operating machinery during actual operating conditions
- Visualizing vibration patterns to find noise vibration and harshness (NVH) contributions in vehicle components and aircraft components
- Analysing rotating machinery and equipment where internally generated forces can be high
ODS Test Consultant uses a geometry‐driven measurement set-up that links the measurement directly to an on-screen graphical representation of the test object. Each degree of freedom (DOF) is attached to this geometry, and each individual channel has an on‐screen indication of level, including potential overloads. As the test object may be some distance from the PC, audible status notifications help indicate any errors during set-up and measurement. After measurements, you can animate the graphic to validate the test set-up and make preliminary investigations of mode shapes.
- Real‐time analysis or posthoc analysis based on recorded time histories
- Export of geometry, measurement data and DOF information to structural dynamics post‐analysis packages
- Ratio-based phase-assigned spectra (PAS), giving the average ODS when using multiple datasets
- Supports multiple references including the use of a tachometer as a reference
- Graphical tacho set-up for conditioning of the tacho signal
- Autotracking for fundamental frequency extraction directly from measurement signal
- ODS time data recordings without predefined geometry – geometry can be attached afterwards
- Single, overlaid, difference and side‐by‐side frequency response function (FRF) animation
- Use more powerful geometry features for shape extraction and animation in BK Connect Operating Deflection Shapes Analysis
- Get time ODS animation with Animation Option BZ‐5613