Sound Intensity System
A complete sound intensity probe kit for noise source location, sound power calculations and noise mapping using a two-channel sound level meter. System includes: Type 2270-S, a two-channel sound level meter, a two-channel sound intensity probe, and the required software.Request Price
This system delivers a two-channel sound level meter, and sound intensity probe, plus the necessary software, making it easy for one person to perform a sound intensity measurement from beginning to end.
The equipment fulfils all relevant IEC standards and enables measurements that meet ISO, ANSI and ECMA standards.
- Sound power characterization and sound source mapping on industrial goods such as industrial pumps and ventilation units
- Building acoustics evaluations, such as flanking transmission path investigations
- Sound intensity mapping of electroacoustic devices and consumer products such as loudspeaker cabinets
- Measuring in situ sound emissions of products in inaccessible places, such as rooftop extractor fans
- Measurements for noise labelling of products for EU machine directives
The two-channel microphone probe can pinpoint noise sources or to give an average for the surface by scanning each surface of the test object. Automatic measurement guidance and aural feedback during measurements allow you to concentrate on making a smooth scan of the area under investigation. Clear measurement quality indicators confirm your data validity, giving results you can use on the spot.
To help make sense of the measurements later, after exporting data to a PC, you can make notes using text input, voice comments, and photos of the measurement object – using the sound level meter’s camera. A number map showing the source strength can be superimposed on a photo of the object being measured, showing sound intensity contours.
- Portable and battery powered for in-field measuring projects
- 1/n-octave analysis
- Visual data manager keeps track of measurements and data
- Export data to mapping software
- Sound intensity measurements to IEC 61043
- Sound power determination compliant with ISO 9614–1, ISO 9614–2, ANSI S12.12, ECMA 160
- Sound intensity probe can use either ¼” or ½” microphones
- Includes software for archiving, reporting and exporting results
- Generator output for transmission loss measurements
- A unique phase-calibration technique lets you make all your measurements with a 12 mm spacer between the two microphones, covering 50 Hz to 10 kHz.
In addition, the Sound Intensity system includes a weatherproof carrying case housing the hand-held analyzer, a probe with a windscreen, an extension stem with a handle, an intensity adaptor for Sound Calibrator Type 4231, a tape measure, and earphones. The case is designed to house optional accessories such as a sound calibrator, sound intensity calibrator and spare batteries.
The kit is built to work with Sound Intensity Software Type BZ-7233 on the sound level meter.