Brüel & Kjær is seeking an energetic Internal Sales Engineer
Brüel & Kjær is seeking an energetic self-starter to join our Sales Department at our Americas HQ in Duluth, GA. The primary function for this role is to drive customer satisfaction and incremental revenue growth with a primary focus on:
- Lead & Opportunity Management
- Pre- & Post Event Management
- Proactive Sales Activities
The successful candidate will cultivate relationships with internal and external customers through phone, email and on-site interactions to inform, educate and drive business growth.
The Internal Sales Engineer will be responsible for presenting a professional, knowledgeable and courteous image to the customer. In addition to reacting to our customer’s inquiries and requests, there will be a focused proactive effort to customers and potential customers in close coordination with our outside sales team. The successful candidate must attain a level of knowledge in Bruel & Kjaer products and applications to guide customers to a satisfactory solution for their measurement needs.
- Asking qualifying questions that will allow us to determine what the customer’s needs and requirements are
- Identify new sales opportunities when talking with current or prospective customers
- Maintain technical knowledge in our instruments, software and sensor products
- Utilize our CRM to maintain customer information
- Identify new customers and markets for our products and report back to the leadership team
- Proactive communications through phone and email to our customers after seminars, trainings and sales activities have taken place
- Prepare and send quotations and correspondence to customers
- Respond to invitations for bids
- Respond as needed to phone calls, emails and faxes
- Drive maintenance contract renewals, and overall increase our contract renewal rate
- Ability to identify service related problems and communicate to service department the related issues, this may involve creating support cases in our CRM system
- Ability to research and confirm product availability and delivery dates
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- Desire to develop technical and sales competencies to progress your career as a Field Sales or Application Engineer
- Bachelors in Engineering or related field required
- Previous sales experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel and flexibility to be deployed into the field for a future role based on the needs of our organization
- Curiosity for technology and technical solutions
- Entrepreneurial in nature with the ability to problem solve and deliver creative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortability in proactively reaching out to current and potential customers
- Ability to learn a diverse product line
- Self-motivated and organized with the drive to exceed goals and targets
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must have desire to learn and work in a sales office environment
- PC computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience working with a CRM system (Microsoft CRM preferred)
- Second Language a plus, preferably Spanish
Working Environment Conditions
- Open plan work stations with computers and all necessary file and desktop space
- Team working environment
- Structured training program in acoustic and vibration theory, applications and selling techniques
Brüel & Kjær offers
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world in a pioneering company at the forefront of the sound and vibration industry. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for Brüel & Kjær's employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Furthermore an attractive, market rate and performance based salary & benefits are offered ( depending on skills & experience )
About Brüel & Kjær
Brüel & Kjær helps solve sound and vibration challenges, and develops advanced technology for measuring and managing sound and vibration. As a specialist in this domain, the company helps customers ensure component quality, enhance product performance and monitor operational compliance.
Over more than 70 years, many of Brüel & Kjær’s research and development people have become recognized global experts, who aid the scientific community and teach at renowned centres. The application of experience and technology promotes quality and efficiency at every stage of a product’s life cycle: design, development, manufacture, deployment and operation.
Through mastering sound and vibration, Brüel & Kjær helps to accelerate business growth and improves environmental quality.
Brüel & Kjær is a subsidiary of UK-based Spectris plc (www.spectris.com) which has annual sales of £1.1bn and employs around 7,500 people worldwide across its four business segments.
For more information, please visit www.bksv.com
Bruel & Kjaer North America Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates should send salary history and requirements along with resume to: Human Resources Department, NAFTA.HR@bksv.com