Reverberation Time Software BZ-7227 enables your Type 2250-S and 2270-S to measure reverberation time in 1/1-octave or 1/3-octave.Request Price
Reverberation Time Software BZ-7227 enables you to measure reverberation time in 1/1-octave
or 1/3-octave.The application supports two reverberation time measurement methods: impulsive excitation (Schroeder Method) and interrupted noise. In the impulsive excitation method, Type 2250-S automatically measures reverberation time when a balloon burst or starter pistol is used to excite the room. In the interrupted noise method, the sound level meter intelligently controls a loudspeaker to excite the room.
Measurements in several positions can be carried out in sequence. T20, T30 and EDT parameters are all measured for both wide-band and in each octave band to automatically calculate the room averages. Measurements comply with the relevant parts of standards including ISO 140, ISO 3382 and ISO 354.
- Room acoustics for buildings including performing arts venues, restaurants, offices and residential dwellings
- Workplace acoustics and noise control
Simply press the Start/Pause button and burst a balloon or fire a starter pistol; that’s all it takes to take a reverberation time measurement in halls, public spaces, etc.
When you return to the instrument, the resulting reverberation time spectrum for the last position and the room averages will already be on the display. Intuitive “smiley face” indicators immediately show if your measurement was good or needs to be repeated.
- Impulsive or interrupted noise excitation methods
- Averages decays and calculates a reverberation time for the average (ensemble)
- Calculates the reverberation time for each decay and arithmetically averages reverberation time
- Displays reverberation time spectrum, decay and ensemble average decay
- Wide dynamic range with no range switching required
- Built-in pink and white noise generator
- Measurement position management
- Measurement quality indicators
- Calculates EDT, T20 and T30 parameters
- 2250-S, 2270-S
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest stories from our world of sound and vibration
The latest news from Brüel & Kjær delivered to your inbox
New product releases, discounts and special offers
Sound and vibration articles, videos and guides