Hydrophone with preamplifier
Hydrophone type 8106 features a quality, thick-film, and low noise, 10 dB preamplifier, providing signal conditioning for transmission over very long distances. This makes Hydrophone Type 8106 suitable for underwater sound measurements down to 1000 meters depth.Request Price
Type 8106 is a wide-range, piezoelectric hydrophone transducer for making absolute sound measurements over the frequency range 7Hz to 80 kHz - with an impressive receiving sensitivity of −173dB re 1V/μPa.
- Calibration reference standards
- Ultrasonic measurements in liquids
- Cavitation measurements
- Laboratory and industrial measurements in liquids and gases
- As underwater projectors (8103, 8104 and 8105)
- Noise measurements in humid and polluted atmospheres
The hydrophone instrument is capable of withstanding high static pressure, the operational upper limit being 107 Pa (100 atm / 1000 m (3250 ft.) ocean depth.The preamplifier features a 7Hz high-pass filter and an insert-voltage calibration facility, but does not allow the hydrophone to be used as a projector.
An integrated watertight connector allows quick disconnection of the cable and makes replacement and storage very easy.
- Voltage sensitivity with cable at 20°
- 2000 uV/Pa ± 500 uV
- Charge sensitivity
- Capacitance with integral cable
- Frequency range re. 250 Hz
- 10 Hz to 10 kHz (+0.5/−3.0 dB) / 3Hz to 80 kHz (+6/−10.0 dB)
- Operating temperature range short-tem continuous
- -30 to +60 C
- Max operating static pressure
- 260 dB = 9.8 × 10^6 Pa
- 182 mm (7.17 inch)
- Weight including integral cable
- 382 g (0.84 lb)