2245-P Sound Level Meter with Product Noise Partner
This sound level meter-based product noise measurement solution combines ease of use with reliable, valid data. Controlled via smart-device apps tailored to your product noise measurement task, B&K 2245 with Product Noise Partner gets the job done.Request Price
This solution for B&K 2245 Sound Level Meter is a complete, focused toolset for product noise testing, from sound power determination according to international standards, to verifying safe noise emissions from toys according to EN 71-1. The B&K 2245 Sound Level Meter with Product Noise Partner concept combines ease of use and operational simplicity with a complete product noise measurement toolset so that the system's potential can be harnessed by any user, from novice to acoustics specialist. And as a class 1 instrument with an IP55 rating, the sound level meter precise enough for the lab and durable enough for measurements at workstations or in the field.
Product Noise Partner app measures sound power levels for machinery and equipment such as household appliances in order to comply with national and international regulations and help promote a safe and healthier environment. B&K 2245 is type-approved by the relevant authorities in many countries, such as by CEM in Spain and PTB in Germany (click here for the full list of approvals and certificates).
With the Product Noise Partner app downloaded to your phone from the App Store®, the sound level meter can connect to your mobile phone via Wi-Fi® and be operated away from the sound field via an unparalleled mobile-app control interface. An intuitive 3D geometry view ensures that you measure all positions without mistakes, and final test results and pass/fail indications are shown instantly on the app when measurements are complete. Additionally, cusomizable metadata, pictures, text and voice notes, and videos can be embedded with the measurements.
The Product Noise Partner PC application supports you through every step of the measurement process, from choosing a standard, through defining the device geometry and measurement positions, to calculating the final result. The PC app can even be used to wirelessly control measurements with your B&K 2245. Product Noise Partner PC software is preconfigured with the tools needed for storing, reviewing and reporting your data.
- Measuring and reporting of sound power levels in accordance with ISO 3744 and ISO 3746 standards to demonstrate product compliance with noise specifications for legislation or commendation
- Assessing noise emissions from toys according to EN 71-1
- Determining noise emissions of machinery and equipment for ensuring compliance with standards or benchmarking for comparisons
- Determining sound pressure levels at workstations
- R&D and quality assurance testing products for analysis to identify and evaluate prominent discrete tones and impulsive noise
- Suitable for use in lab-based certifications and in situ measurements at work stations
- Single measurement range: 15.8 – 140.9 dB from typical noise floor to maximum level, A-weighted
- Frequency range: 6 Hz – 20 kHz
- Integrated GPS for time and location
- Robust, dust- and water-resistant to IP55
- Colour LCD with a bright, clean layout – most-important information shown with a clear indication of measurement status with colour header
- Measurement status light-ring visible from any angle
- Built-in Li-Ion battery, typically providing more than 14 hours operation with Wi-Fi enabled
- Measurement annotation using photos, audio, text or video
- 16 GB built-in storage for measurements and annotations
- Single, weather-proof USB-C connector for charging, data transfer to PC and more
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Low Energy for connection to mobile and PC apps
- Calibrator auto-detection for easy calibration check
- Windscreen auto-detection and compensation
- Type-approved by CEM, PTB and many other approval authorities (click here for the full list of approvals and certificates)
Additional licenses can be installed on B&K 2245. Ensure that you have the right tools for your job to do:
- Exhaust Noise Partner – check exhaust noise levels for compliance with regulations. Lockable measurement settings and streamlined measurement parameters minimize the risk of error and reduce the amount of time and manpower needed to do the job right
- Enviro Noise Partner – evaluate environmental noise to ensure compliance with standards. The focused toolset ensures that you have all the tools needed for the job, including markers to isolate sounds (exclude superfluous noise or mark pertinent noise for further examination) and checklists to ensure the job is done correctly
- Work Noise Partner – evaluate workplace noise to ensure compliance with regulations and safeguard employee safety, including determining the need and level for hearing protection. The interface guides you through a full survey and requires minimal training to ensure valid and actionable data