HBK 2255 Sound Level Meter
HBK 2255 Sound Level Meter is an advanced, single-channel, class 1 sound level meter. While the instrument can be used as a stand-alone measurement device, it also works with our task-tailored mobile and PC apps and features a powerful open interface for integration into customized systems. Designed for users with varied and complex workloads, HBK 2255 can be relied upon to get the job done efficiently and with maximum confidence.
A flexible and versatile solution
The general-purpose Noise Partner app is included with all HBK 2255 units, providing remote control, documentation, data viewing and storage.
Explore the available apps by clicking the links below, and see how HBK 2255 gets the job done!
- Single measurement range: 15.8 – 140.9 dB from the noise floor to maximum level,
- Removable preamplifier with TEDS for automatic microphone setup
- Integrated GPS for time and location
- Ergonomic design for comfortable single-handed operation
- Colour LCD with a bright, clean layout that clearly displays measured level and measurement status
- Measurement status light-ring visible from any angle
- Built-in Li-Ion battery, typically providing more than 13 hours operation with Wi-Fi enabled
- 16 GB built-in storage for measurements and annotations
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Low Energy for connection to mobile and PC apps
- IEC 61672-1 class 1 sound level meter
- Broadband level measurements with up to three simultaneous frequency weightings
- 1/1- and/or 1/3-octave band frequency analysis for up to two simultaneous frequency weightings
- Logging of all parameters at intervals between 1 second and 1 hour
- Fast-logging of broadband Leq, LXF and LXS levels at intervals between 1 ms and 1 second
- Fast-logging of 1/n-octave band Leq, LXF and LXS levels at intervals between 4 ms and 1 second
- Reverberation time measurements with interrupted or impulsive noise stimuli
- Broadband and spectral statistics for 5 percentiles. Full level distribution stored allowing re-calculation of arbitrary percentiles in HBK apps.
- Listening quality MP3-compressed audio recording
- Analysis quality FLAC-compressed audio recording (65 kHz, 24-bit)
- Level and timer-based audio recording triggers
- Scheduled multi-frequency CIC checks for unattended monitoring applications
* Available measurement features depend on installed software licenses. Refer to product data sheet for details.
The open interface enables you to integrate HBK 2255 into your own applications. The open interface gives you access to exactly the same communications protocol we use to control HBK 2255 from our own apps. Real-time remote control, device configuration, and the streaming of live measurement data and even audio are all possible. The only limit is your imagination.