Echo Speech Sound Source outputs calibrated signals for measuring a range of speech intelligibility parameters in conjunction with DIRAC 6. The received signal is picked up by a microphone and analyzed in DIRAC, which calculates an accurate qualification of the speech intelligibility through various parameters such as the Speech Transmission Index (STI).
- Speech intelligibility measurements with DIRAC
- Measurements including background noise
equalizers or speech level adjustment. The signal can be set at an elevated level, making STI measurements possible - even if the background noise is significant. DIRAC 6 recognizes the output level and corrects calculations appropriately.
For STI measurements, it contains pink MLS signals. The MLS is far less intrusive than an e-sweep signal. In addition Echo Speech Source can be used to set the volume of PA systems using a male speech signal with a standard level of 60 dB(A) at 1 meter.
- Wireless sound source for DIRAC 6
- Fully calibrated sound levels and spectra
- Five built-in stimulus signals
- Intermittent stimulus accounting for background noise
- External input and output
- Compact and lightweight (10x10x17 cm, 1 kg)
- Mounts on standard tripods
- Battery powered
- External power supply included