Type 2981-A is designed for contact-free speed measurements in hot engine compartments, up to 130 °C (266 °F).
- Non-contact measurement of rotational speed
- Measurements in automotive engine compartments (130 °C)
- Low-speed measurements to 0 RPM for wind turbine and ship propulsion applications
- High-speed measurements up to 300000 RPM for supercharger measurements
- Small size for measurements in tight locations
To make measurement in tight spaces or locations without clear line-of-sight, the Type 2981-A features a 2 m fibre optic cable with a small M6 threaded tip.