The Reverb Experiment: Facts and Figures
- The Inchindown bombproof fuel oil tank was built over 80 years ago for the Royal Navy
- The oil tank measures twice the length of a football pitch
- The total reverberation time is 112 seconds
- The world record reverberation time is 75 seconds*
- The previous world record for a man-made structure was 15 seconds, which was also held by a structure in Scotland – the Hamilton Mausoleum in South Lanarkshire.
*According to the International Standards Organization (ISO), the definition of reverberation time is the time that a sound takes to decay until it is 60 dB below the level of the initial impulse sound.
Listen to Trevor Cox playing his saxophone with the world's longest echo:
뉴스레터를 구독하고 소리와 진동에 대한 최신 이야기를 만나보세요
Brüel & Kjær가 전하는 최신 뉴스가 받은편지함으로 발송되었습니다.
신제품 출시, 할인 및 이벤트
소음 진동 기사, 비디오 및 가이드