In fact, there is extensive documentation that suggests that low frequencies, at low intensity are therapeutic. Cats purr during inhalation and exhalation at frequencies between 20 Hz and 150 Hz. These frequencies correspond exactly with the best frequencies determined for bone growth, fracture healing, pain relief, relief of breathlessness and inflammation. In a way, cats purr the pain away.
- The low frequency of the purr helps promote bone strength
- Listening to a cat’s purr lowers blood pressure
- The vibrations from purring stimulate healing, helping your body fight infection and reduce swelling
The healing power of a cat’s purr extends beyond self-healing. It is also very therapeutic for humans:
- Petting a cat calms nerves, reducing stress levels
- A cat’s purr decreases the symptoms of dyspnoea (difficult or laboured breathing)
- Purring can help heal muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Cat owners have 40% less risk of heart attack
Read more about why cats purr in this waves article.
Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter zum Thema Schall und Schwingung
Die aktuellsten Neuigkeiten von Brüel & Kjær direkt in Ihren Posteingang
Neue Produktfreigaben, Rabatte und Sonderangebote
Artikel, Videos und Anleitungen zum Thema Schall und Schwingung