Car sound simulator designed to experience the exterior sound of a moving vehicle from the perspective of a pedestrian.
The exterior car sound simulator auditions the exterior sounds of real vehicles or virtual vehicle designs, as they drive through highly realistic scenarios. You can programme the vehicle to perform any driving manoeuvre such as moving away from a car park, or accelerating rapidly. Because the highly accurate sound simulations are presented in these authentic contexts, the software allows effective evaluation of design alternatives.
- Automatic correction for effects like Doppler shift
- Binaural or 3D sound replay
- Easy-to-use data preparation tools
- User-definable traffic sound and behavior
- Modifies sounds to create potential alternatives
- Performs controlled jury evaluations for individuals or multiple jurors
- External sound quality assessment for on-brand sound design
- Designing and evaluating brand-appropriate warning sounds for quiet vehicles including electric vehicles, hybrid vehicles, and range-extended electric vehicles (REEV)
- Assessing and benchmarking competitor vehicle sound quality
- Exterior pass-by simulation for internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles
During the development of new vehicles and components, and during human factors engineering, designers can alter the recorded sound using various filters to define a range of alternative sound profiles.
Auditioning these alternative design strategies in this exterior sound simulation software allows engineers and non-experts alike to make informed choices.