Brüel & Kjær NVH Simulation technology is now part of
NVH Simulator creates an interactive driving experience of a vehicle’s interior noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), bringing your sound and vibration data into the real world, so it can be experienced by real people.
Highly accurate vehicle sound is played through headphones or speakers, allowing the driver to experience the sound quality of a vehicle throughout all of the dynamic aspects of driving, like changing gears and accelerating, on a smooth road or even bouncing across a field.
This immersive context for sound evaluations helps people select appropriate sounds and compare alternative designs – whether they are engineers or non-experts.
- Virtual prototyping of NVH at any stage of the vehicle design process
- Setting NVH targets before physical prototyping, and cascading targets down to individual components
- Competitor vehicle benchmarking
- Powertrain sound quality assessment throughout development
- Non-expert NVH assessment by customers, management and marketing
- Helping computer-aided engineering (CAE) analysts understand the impact of design changes on the NVH characteristics of the vehicle