Source Path Contribution
This source path contribution (SPC) analysis software enables you to understand how sound and vibration are conducted from multiple sources and along multiple paths, to a person.
- Understanding individual origins of specific sound and vibration effects perceived by a vehicle’s driver
- Investigating the noise paths taken from a source through a structure such as a vehicle or ship
- Complete transfer path analysis (TPA) of virtually any source-path-receiver situation such as powertrain vibration and road noise
- Evaluating NVH of design alternatives for target setting, using ‘what if’ scenarios
- Virtual prototyping and hybrid modelling, combining test data with CAE or target data
Airborne and structure-borne source-receiver analysis begins by establishing whether components of the sound or vibration transmission path are airborne or structure-borne. From here, analysts can drill down further to find separate paths through the structure, and find sources such as the engine or road noise. From here, the software’s tree structure cascades down to the level of individual components such as a single engine mount, for easy viewing and organization. Results can be manipulated to account for different loads, operating conditions, or other parameters.
Time-domain SPC – or time-domain transfer path analysis – enables the calculation of source strengths and contributions for any vibroacoustic signal type including transient, stationary, or run-up/down operating conditions. Time data is recorded and then processed and played back. For more advanced replay options including listening to replays, we offer Insight Type 8601-S.
- Contribution ranking in frequency domain, order domain, or time domain
- Rating noise and vibration contributions using NVH analysis methods such as mount stiffness, impedance matrix method, or source substitution method
- Analysis of correlated or uncorrelated sources in one or several impedance matrices
- Works together with a sound source to calculate frequency response functions (FRFs)
- Quick multiple coherence method for fast road-noise investigations without transfer function measurements
- Export time data for post-analysis, such as order extraction with BK Connect
- The Insight interface gives easy playback and analysis in the time domain, and allows advanced engineering functions
- Our vehicle NVH simulators allow SPC results to be incorporated into simulator acoustic models, where individual SPC sources and paths can be incorporated and driven