This sound level meter software for Type 2270 is usually used together with a sound intensity probe, to assess sound levels and give instant results. This system makes it easy for one person to perform a sound intensity measurement from beginning to end. By scanning the object, you can get on-the-spot noise source identification results – including a noise map – on the sound level meter’s colour screen. Export data to PC for further analysis such as advanced noise mapping.
The software and equipment fulfils all relevant IEC standards, and enables measurements that meet ISO, ANSI and ECMA standards.
- Sound power characterization and sound source mapping on industrial goods such as pumps and ventilation units
- Building acoustics evaluations, such as flanking transmission path investigations
- Sound intensity mapping of electroacoustic devices and consumer products such as loudspeaker cabinets and white goods
- Measuring in situ sound emissions of products in inaccessible places, such as rooftop extractor fans
- Measurements for noise labelling of products for EU machine directives
Automatic measurement guidance and aural feedback during measurements allow you to concentrate on making a smooth scan of the area under investigation. Clear measurement quality indicators confirm your data validity, giving results you can use on the spot. To help make sense of the measurements later, after exporting data to a PC, you can make notes using text input, voice comments, and photos of the measurement object – using the sound level meter’s camera. A number map showing the source strength can be superimposed on a photo of the object being measured, showing sound intensity contours.
COMPLETE KIT – HAND-HELD SOUND INTENSITY SYSTEM FOR TYPE 2270-S
The hand-held sound intensity system for Type 2270-S includes a weatherproof carrying case housing the hand-held analyzer, a probe with a windscreen, an extension stem with a handle, an intensity adaptor for Sound Calibrator Type 4231, a tape measure, and earphones. The case can also house optional accessories such as a sound calibrator, sound intensity calibrator and spare batteries.
- Portable and battery powered for in-field measuring projects
- 1/n-octave analysis
- Visual data manager keeps track of measurements and data
- Export data to mapping software
- Sound intensity measurements to IEC 61043
- Sound power determination compliant with ISO 9614–1, ISO 9614–2, ANSI S12.12, ECMA 160
- Sound intensity probe can use either ¼” or ½” microphones
- Includes software for archiving, reporting and exporting results
- Generator output for transmission loss measurements
- A unique phase-calibration technique lets you make all your measurements with a 12 mm spacer between the two microphones, covering 50 Hz to 10 kHz
- A signal recording option is available to help document measurements
- Export to Acoustic Test Consultant Type 7761 for noise contour mapping
- Export to Microsoft Excel for sound power calculation