BK Connect Acoustic Camera
BK Connect Acoustic Camera works with BK Connect software enabling easy, real-time noise source location and mapping. View transient sound sources on-site, or record and save video for subsequent analysis on stationary and moving objects.Request a quote
Type 9712 is a complete solution for identification of sound sources through real-time noise mapping, using a hand-held microphone array. The acoustic camera can measure over a wide frequency range using both acoustic beamforming and statistically optimized near-field holography (SONAH) technologies.
The acoustic camera, or microphone array, is fitted with a tablet computer that shows you the real-time sound map of the area at which you are pointing.
The setup and use is very user-friendly, and with minimal training, users can locate noise sources, take screenshots or record video of your measurements for further analysis. Instant playback lets you check that you are recording data correctly while adjusting any necessary settings, such as frequency range.
- Detection and documentation of buzz, squeak, and rattle (BSR) in vehicle cabins
- Noise source identification (NSI) and troubleshooting in aircraft cabins, cockpits, avionics, and cargo bays
- High‐frequency acoustic leak detection
Because Type 9712 operates in real-time, the acoustic camera is ideal for mapping moving objects and transient events. You can walk and stream video using a hand-held array, or mount an array on a tripod for stationary measurements.
This complete acoustic camera system includes a 30-channel, irregular microphone array with a removable backing plate that allows measurements in either the near or far acoustic field, using both acoustic beamforming and holography.
The system is relatively small and ideal for confined spaces. An integrated video camera feeds live pictures to the real-time display and recording functions. Supplied with the system is a battery-powered LAN-XI data acquisition front-end with up to 4 hours of battery life - and a weatherproof carrying case for transporting the system.
- Measures over a wide frequency range using beamforming and SONAH
- Displays noise maps superimposed on a video or picture
- Spectrogram for easy location of short acoustical events
- Up‐and‐running in under 20 seconds
- Measure and record audio and video for a sound event
- Display options include graphs of sound pressure, sound intensity, and sound power
- Remote control mode via a tablet
- Take screenshots using the functionality of a tablet and save and share and like them on Facebook
- Make, save and review recordings using PULSE Reflex Array Analysis on a PC
- Analyze recordings using BK Connect Array Analysis and noise source location post-processing applications